This week, we will begin our study of the book of 2 Thessalonians.
The epistle of 2 Thessalonians is penned just a few months after Paul wrote 1 Thessalonians. The believer’s in Thessalonica were facing persecution and affliction. They were grateful for Paul’s first letter, but their problems had worsened and many were ready to give up!
The three chapters of the letter indicate three reasons for Paul writing:
1. There were persecutors – in chapter one we have Paul’s encouragement in suffering.
2. There were false teachers – in chapter two, we have Paul’s enlightenment in teaching.
3. There were idlers – in chapter three we have Paul’s enablement in living.
This Sunday we will study the first chapter. In chapter one, Paul shares three encouragements:
1. Encouragement of Praise vv 1-4
2. Encouragement of Promise vv 5 -10
3. Encouragement of Prayer vv 11-12
You are invited this Sunday the 10th of March from 6 p.m to hear this message and join in worship and study in God’s word as we dig into this book and find out more!